At Elemental Machines, we believe there is critical data encoded in the physical world around us. Experimental irreproducibility, process failure, optimization, and success are all affected by unseen, unmeasured forces. Through our integrated technology platform, our life science, synthetic biology, pharma and agsci customers measure, analyze, understand and decipher equipment performance, environmental conditions, and scientific processes to yield actionable insights
Our customers are addressing some of the world’s greatest challenges – curing diseases, developing revolutionary therapies, and producing innovative food sources to feed a growing global population. Elemental Machines is supporting their work – from R&D through manufacturing.
Simply put, Elemental Machines is revolutionizing the information that teams in science-based industries can use to improve productivity and outcomes. With Elemental Machines, insights drive advantage.
We are looking for a Technical and Field Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install the Elemental Machines solution. We are looking for someone to be a front-line representative of Elemental Machines ensure customer delight. We will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to customer technical problems. You will also interface directly with our engineering team to communicate, research, troubleshoot, and in some cases escalate issues. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment, and be willing to grow and learn.
- Be part of the Commercial Team and proactively build relationships with customers to ensure they are deriving the most value from our products
- Be the primary liaison between us and customers to on-board new users and help them troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they come up
- Communicate with customers to diagnose issues, provide updates, and gather feedback
- Manage and track customer issues through to resolution and deployment
- Help build our knowledge base via customer feedback
- Travel when necessary to service enterprise customers (~25% travel)
- 1-3 years experience in technical/customer support or similar roles for enterprise software products
- Ability to make good decisions while having incomplete information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact both with customers and our engineering team
- Ability to quickly master cloud, mobile, and hardware products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to write scripts in Linux
- Prior experience in directly managing customer accounts
- Familiarity with help desk and issue-tracking software