Elemental Machines is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer to be responsible for creating and implementing testing for all components of our system including: dashboard software, data ingestion/analysis pipeline and hardware components. Testing will include manual end-to-end functional testing and automated regression testing to ensure high level of quality for usability, compatibility, security, accessibility, and performance.
Primary job responsibilities will include the following: Perform regular manual testing for product feature development to help team maintain high development velocity. Maintain and continue to build out automated regression testing pipeline as part of continuous integration. Provide organized workflow for managing feature testing, bug reporting and resolution, monitoring overall system quality and test coverage.
SW Test Engineer will be responsible for defining criteria for proper software performance, security, functionality and overall usability. Will work to help Elemental Machines conform to these standards by evaluating product offerings during development and deployment process and working collaboratively with engineering and product teams to understand where gaps exist.
Candidate must possess interest and aptitude to succeed in a startup environment. Ability to work independently, read the needs of the business, proactively reprioritize as needs change, remain flexible, strive for personal growth in line with company goals.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Perform hands-on testing as part of sprint development cycle
- Perform thorough regression testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like: Jenkins, SauceLabs, TestCafe
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with CI tools like Semaphore, Error handler tools like Sentry and issue handlers like Freshdesk all a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform a strong plus
- Experience and interest in hardware devices and IOT a strong plus
- Experience with performance and security testing is a plus