Elemental Machines is looking for an experienced Senior Developer to contribute to software and Devops projects for Elemental’s Data Ingestion Engine and Dashboard system. The responsibilities of the Senior Developers will include writing code, sharing in code reviews, analysis and processing of data streams, and leading and collaborating on the design and implementation of the software solutions to meet our business needs.
Candidate must be creative, willing to innovate, and possess interest and aptitude to succeed in a startup environment. Ability to work independently, read the needs of the business, proactively reprioritize as needs change, remain flexible and work as a member of a team, and strive for personal growth in line with company goals.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science is required, with a strong working knowledge of Linux and experience in software development and testing required. This is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, Mass. headquarters. Applicants must reside in the Greater Boston Area.
Fantastic opportunity for professional growth in areas of realtime data processing and analytics. Have a direct hand in architecting the system to progress it forward and meet growing needs of business. Get an equity stake in a startup in its early stages with a solid revenue stream and great growth potential.
Senior Developer Responsibilities:
- Perform coding assignments.
- Help team manage coding projects inline with deliverable schedule.
- Develop back end components and features (Bash, Python, JSON, YAML)
- Share in the review of code work for accuracy and functionality.
- Collaborate and inform with team, including technical support, front end developer, and quality engineer (Confluence, JIRA)
- Guide development to meet security standards, implement new security features, and respond to issues (Certbot, Let’s Encrypt)
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments and integrate technologies into Elemental’s solutions as they fit.
Senior Developer Requirements:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in backend and front-end development.
- Extensive knowledge of software development, application performance and security.
- Some knowledge of HTML/CSS and web frameworks like React or VueJS.
- Strong knowledge of of cache, relational and timeseries database platforms like: PostgreSQL, InfluxDB and Redis.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments 24/7 availability and high performance (GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Influx, Postgres)
- Working knowledge of modern CI tools like Semaphore or Jenkins.
- Architect and guide new feature development in Agile/Scrum process.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management skills.