At Elemental Machines, we believe there is critical data encoded in the physical world around us. Experimental irreproducibility, process failure, optimization, and success are all affected by unseen, unmeasured forces. Through our integrated technology platform, our life science, synthetic biology, pharma and agsci customers measure, analyze, understand and decipher equipment performance, environmental conditions, and scientific processes to yield actionable insights
Our customers are addressing some of the world’s greatest challenges – curing diseases, developing revolutionary therapies, and producing innovative food sources to feed a growing global population. Elemental Machines is supporting their work – from R&D through manufacturing.
Simply put, Elemental Machines is revolutionizing the information that teams in science-based industries can use to improve productivity and outcomes. With Elemental Machines, insights drive advantage.
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to develop new, cutting-edge IoT devices. You will design new IoT devices from scratch as well as extending EMI’s existing line of devices. We are looking for someone who can cook up proofs of concept as well as engineer for regulatory and production.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment, willing to lead and learn.
- Design and develop cloud-connected IoT devices for sensing and understanding high-value environments and equipment
- Identify sources/suppliers and work with domestic and international manufacturers
- Lead and grow a team to create world-class IoT devices
- 7+ years experience designing and building embedded hardware
- Recent experience bringing a hardware design to production
- Flex and Rigid-Flex PCB design experience
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (BLE, Wifi, Zigbee, Lora, etc)
- Experience interfacing with standard digital interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS485, etc.)
- Ability to quickly prototype proof of concepts and iteratively move towards a customer ready product
- Ability to work within tight power-budgets and size constraints
- BSEE/CE or equivalent
- Altium EDA tools
- Nordic SOCs
- Life sciences laboratory experience
- Demonstrated interest in the latest and greatest technology