Elemental Machines is looking for an experienced Part-time Engineering Technician.
The Engineering Technician is a key contributor to Elemental Machines IoT Connected Lab platform. You will be an integral part of the Engineering team to help build and test high-quality products for our customers.
Candidate must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team, remain flexible by being able to reprioritize tasks to meet the fluid needs of a growing company, and strive for personal growth in line with company goals.
Education or experience in life sciences is a huge bonus. This is a part-time position located at our Cambridge, Mass. office with the potential to grow into a full-time position. Applicants must reside in the Greater Boston Area.
Fantastic opportunity for professional growth in the life sciences/tech sector.
Engineering Technician Responsibilities:
- Assemble and rework intricate electronic devices
- Interpret wiring and assembly drawings and build cables and devices using schematics
- Help build, troubleshoot, and maintain prototypes
- Conduct functional tests on component and unit assemblies and document results in appropriate systems
- Provide feedback on how to optimize our processes
- Support local customers with on-site visits, as needed (PPE provided)
Engineering Technician Requirements:
- Electronics prototyping including hand soldering, building cables, and device assembly
- Experience with using a range of mechanical and electrical equipment (crimps, soldering iron, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Proactive, adaptable to shifting priorities, and eager to learn
- Experience with Linux and command line interfaces
- Experience with spreadsheets (used for tabulation of test results or other documentation)
- Writing skills for documenting issues and test results
- High school diploma and 5+ years industrial experience