At Elemental Machines, we believe there is critical data encoded in the physical world around us. Experimental irreproducibility, process failure, optimization, and success are all affected by unseen, unmeasured forces. Through our integrated technology platform, our life science, synthetic biology, pharma and agsci customers measure, analyze, understand and decipher equipment performance, environmental conditions, and scientific processes to yield actionable insights
Our customers are addressing some of the world’s greatest challenges – curing diseases, developing revolutionary therapies, and producing innovative food sources to feed a growing global population. Elemental Machines is supporting their work – from R&D through manufacturing.
Simply put, Elemental Machines is revolutionizing the information that teams in science-based industries can use to improve productivity and outcomes. With Elemental Machines, insights drive advantage.
We are looking for a Data Science Associate to develop new, cutting-edge IoT devices. You will design new IoT devices from scratch as well as extending EMI’s existing line of devices. We are looking for someone who can cook up proofs of concept as well as engineer for regulatory and production.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment, willing to lead and learn.
- Build data analysis tools for mining IoT time series data and large scientific data sets
- Develop and train machine learning models
- Work with the engineering team to implement your models and algorithms
- Work with commercial and business development teams to support data science projects with customers
- Serve as an expert resource, keeping up-to-date on trends and latest topics in data science
- Minimum of BS in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other science/engineering disciplines
- 1-2 years experience working on data science products/tools that have commercially shipped
- Demonstrable knowledge of advanced statistics/analytics, including work samples/git repositories
- Knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models with an emphasis on time series analysis
- Proficiency in Python, R, and SQL
- Life science laboratory (academic/industry) background or work experience
- Experience with Time Series Databases
- Experience with NLP
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes and cloud computing tools