We are looking for a data engineer with strong background and interest in solving complex data problems encountered in scientific research and manufacturing processes. Our Data Science team works on specialized engagements involving data acquisition, data visualization, and machine learning models built upon a plethora of data from sensors, cutting-edge hardware prototypes and experimental devices.
If you keep up with the latest data infrastructure technologies and data pipeline techniques and enjoy working independently, but like being part of a team of highly motivated and equally talented peers, then read on. We’d like to talk with you about how you would approach the following:
- Designing, building and maintaining the services and data infrastructure needed to ingest, store, and analyze data from a variety of sources (hardware and virtual systems).
- Developing and implementing robust and scalable data pipelines for data ingestion, including designing APIs, toolings and processes and being the product owner for these tools.
- Integrating your work with the Commercial team’s product deliverables.
Responsibilities and Attributes
Responsible for architecting and supporting the data infrastructure for testing and developing complex statistical and machine learning models, we suspect that you:
- Are naturally curious and like solving problems on the fly
- Are an avid, lifelong learner who is interested in learning from your team members, while sharing your knowledge with the group
- Have demonstrated capabilities in data warehousing, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval (relevant big data technologies including Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark)
- Have experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases, as well as extensive experience with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure)
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field with a minimum of 3 years industry experience as a backend, devops engineer or similar role
- Enjoy working in a diverse team of people with different expertise and excited about tackling real-world problems and building impactful products.
- Experience in C++, Objective-C and/or Swift.
- Experience in building web applications using microservice architecture and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos etc.).
- Experience in web frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.).
- Experience in scaling messaging system (Apache Kafka, ZeroMQ, etc.) and various data serialization (JSON, protobuf, etc.).
- Some experience in managing external contract software vendors (e.g; requirement generation and schedule management) is helpful